INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may obtain personal information about you from various sources, including the Money Carta App, various websites, when you call or email us or communicate with us, or from our business partners and other third parties. The types of personal information we may collect about you when you use the Money Carta App include:
- Your information (such as first name, date of birth (month and year only), Zip Code, email address, and phone number);
- Username and password for the account you may establish to use the Money Carta App;
- Financial accounts information (including name of financial institution, account ID, account password, balance amount and information regarding individual transactions made on the financial account);
- Information you provide by interacting with us through social media, including information from your public profile; and
- Other information that you may submit to us or that may be included in the information provided to us by third parties.
In addition, when you use the Services, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s or user’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s or user’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, is used to transmit information back to a web server. The information we may collect from you by automated means includes:
- Information about the devices our users use to access the Internet (such as the IP address, device and operating system type);
- Dates and times of uses of the Money Carta App; and
- Actions taken on the Money Carta App.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use and share your personal information to deliver to you the Money Carta App and Services, information you have specifically requested, or as otherwise directed by you. The “Information We Share” section below describes how Project Black may share your personal information. We may also use the personal information we obtain about you to:
- Create and manage accounts and profiles that you may establish through the Money Carta App;
- Provide Services you request;
- Respond to your questions and comments and provide user support;
- Communicate with you about our products, services, offers, events and promotions;
- Tailor more effective offers and advertisements from third-party providers of financial products to ensure you see only relevant content;
- Enable you to communicate with us through our blogs, social networks and other interactive media;
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding your use of the Services, the Money Carta App and social media assets;
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users; and
- Enforce our Terms of Service https://www.moneycarta.com/privacy-policy and comply with applicable laws and industry standards.
In addition to the uses described above, we may use the information collected through cookies and other automated means to identify and authenticate users, administer the Money Carta App and provide the Services, and gather broad demographic information in order to analyze patterns in the use of the Money Carta App and Services.
We also may use the information we obtain about you in other lawful ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
INFORMATION WE SHARE
We may also disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the information we share with you. Here are the choices we offer:
By installing or using the Money Carta App, you agree to receive e-mails from us regarding our Services and related third-party financial service providers. Registered users may choose not to receive e-mail communications from us by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link in the e-mails themselves.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES AND MOBILE APPLICATIONS
The Money Carta App may provide links to offers for products and services from third parties and other third-party mobile applications or websites for your convenience and information. These third party mobile applications and websites operate independently from Project Black and have their own privacy policies. We strongly suggest you review those policies if you visit such websites or use any third party mobile applications. To the extent any linked websites or mobile applications you visit or use are not owned, controlled or operated by Project Black, we are not responsible for the websites’ or mobile applications’ content, any use of the websites or mobile applications, or the privacy or security practices of the websites or mobile applications.
HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We have implemented commercially reasonable measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. However, please be advised that no transmission of information via the Internet and Money Carta App can be entirely secure, therefore we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. Any transmission of personal information through the Money Carta App or otherwise through the Internet is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures used by the Money Carta App.
Project Black encourages protection of children’s information on the Internet. Pursuant to our Terms of Service, the Money Carta App is not intended for and may not be used by anyone under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect information from anyone under the age of 18 and we do not target the Money Carta App or Services to children under the age of 18.
CHANGES TO OUR POLICY
HOW TO CONTACT US